2022 Seasonal Farm Assistant – Community Harvest Project, North Grafton, MA
We are currently seeking a Farm Assistant to work under the direction of our Farm Manager at the Brigham Hill Community Farm site, located in North Grafton. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in agricultural work, will be motivated, have a friendly personality, and enjoy working with individuals of all ages and abilities. This unique position includes daily physical/agricultural work as well as effective and friendly volunteer engagement. Working with the public is a daily responsibility. Leadership and group communication are regular and required aspects of this position. See below for more qualifications.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references by March 7, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule: This is a blended, seasonal position, spanning April through October — 20 hours per week during months of April and October (days flexible) / 40 hours per week May through August (Tuesday through Saturday).
Compensation: $16.00 per hour; 5 days paid sick time; paid holidays May through August
Role Description: This position focuses on providing a positive volunteer experience and growing high quality produce suited for donation to area hunger relief agencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in all farming operations:
- Execute daily agricultural duties
- Basic property maintenance (mowing, brush removal, etc)
- Monitor equipment and recommend related repairs/replacements
- Execute daily produce distributions
- Execute skilled/restricted farm activities
- Assist in volunteer operations
- Set up and support volunteer activities and projects as directed by Farm staff
- Oversee and lead volunteer groups, ensuring a positive experience as well as proper completion of tasks
- Assist with special projects (ie pruning, light construction, etc), as assigned by the Farm Manager or Executive Director
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and ensure their execution
- 1+ year of agricultural experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in all weather including rain and snow
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- Positive, self-starting attitude
Community Harvest Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with locations in North Grafton and Harvard, MA. Our mission is to engage and educate volunteers to grow fresh fruits and vegetables for hunger relief. Each year our sites host
over 7,000 volunteers who work together to grow and donate an average of 270,000 pounds of produce to local hunger relief agencies such as the Worcester County Food Bank, Community Servings, and more.