2021 Seasonal Farm Assistant
We are currently seeking a Farm Assistant to work under the direction of our Farm Manager at the Brigham Hill Community Farm site, located in North Grafton. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in agricultural work, will be motivated, have a friendly personality, and enjoy working with individuals of all ages and abilities. This unique position includes both physical/agricultural work and both friendly and effective volunteer engagement. Working with the public is a daily responsibility. See below for more qualifications.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 professional references by March 12, 2021 to email@example.com.
Schedule: This is a blended, seasonal position, spanning April through October — 20 hours per week during months of April and October (days flexible) / 40 hours per week May through August (Tuesday through Saturday)
Compensation: $15.00 per hour; 5 days paid sick time; paid holidays May through August
Role Description: This position focuses on providing a positive volunteer experience and growing high quality produce suited for donation to area hunger relief agencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in all farming operations:
- Execute daily agricultural duties
- Execute daily produce distributions
- Monitor of equipment and recommending related repairs/replacements
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and ensuring their execution
- Execute skilled/restricted farm activities
- Assist in basic property maintenance (mowing, brush removal, etc)
- Assist in all volunteer operations:
- Oversee volunteer groups, ensuring a positive experience as well as proper completion of tasks
- Assist with special projects (ie pruning, light construction, etc), as assigned by the Farm Manager or Executive Director
- 1+ year of agricultural experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in all weather including rain and snow
- Excellent personal and communication skills
- Positive, self-starting attitude
Community Harvest Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with locations in North Grafton and Harvard, Mass. Our mission is to build healthy communities through volunteer farming and nutrition education. Each year our sites host over 8,000 volunteers who work together to grow and donate an average of 270,000 pounds of produce to local hunger relief agencies such as the Worcester County Food Bank, Community Servings, and more.