We’re excited to release our 2019 Cooking Class Schedule! All cooking classes emphasize nutrition and skill development. Vegetable tasting and preparation is an integral part of every class, and in the growing season every class includes harvesting ingredients from the learning garden. We’re repeating some old favorites, but also added some new topics.
All classes are drop-off and include hands-on cooking the students will do, plus recipes that will be sent home. All classes are vegetarian, but may include allergens. All proceeds from cooking classes support Community Harvest Project’s hunger relief efforts. View the entire 2019 class schedule here!
Broccoli Head Chefs
These 2-hour classes are for 9-12 year olds and emphasize specific nutrition topics, following advanced recipes, and adjusting recipes to your own tastes. This year we are offering Broccoli Head Chef’s classes on rotating days of the week and from 4-6pm.
- Super Soup– Wednesday, January 30th, 2019, 4-6pm
- Secret Ingredients Desserts– Monday, February 4th, 2019, 4-6pm
- Secret Ingredients Desserts (February Break)– Thursday, February 21st, 2019, 10am-12pm
- Taco Time– Tuesday, March 12th, 2019, 4-6pm
Celery Sous Chefs
These 1-hour classes are geared towards 5-8 year olds and emphasize basic nutrition, reading recipes, measuring, and tasting new things. New this year we are offering two Celery Sous Chef classes each month which feature the same topic but take place on different days of the week and at different times to accommodate more schedules.
- Snack Attack– Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019, 4:30-5:30pm
- Snack Attack– Monday, January 28th, 2019, 4-5pm
- Secret Ingredients Desserts– Thursday, February 14th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Secret Ingredients Desserts(February Break) – Wednesday, February 20th, 10:30-11:30am
- Secret Ingredients Desserts– Wednesday, February 27th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Taco Time– Monday, March 25th, 2019, 4-5pm
- Taco Time– Thursday, March 28th, 2019, 4:30-5:30pm