Farming is always unpredictable, but this year we faced some particularly challenging situations. The heavy spring rains flooded our fields, delaying our plantings. The summer sun helped make up some lost time, but the unusually cool nights set our plants back again. As a result, our harvest season began several weeks later than normal, and our farm team had to get creative when it came to keeping the plants alive and happy!
It’s these unforeseen circumstances that remind us how grateful we are to have a special group of supporters, our Monthly Givers. Monthly donations financially prepare the farms for summers just like this one. Peach, one of our beloved Volunteer Team Leaders and a Monthly Giver, experiences the inconsistency of working with weather and knows her monthly donations are valued throughout the year.
Peach perfectly captures why monthly donations make a difference:
“Giving a little bit every month is easy and convenient for me. Just as our neighbors rely on donations of fresh fruits and vegetables, CHP counts on my donations to help the farm through lean months and periods of severe weather. Even a little means a lot.”
Now is the perfect time to join Peach and become a Monthly Giver. As a thank you for your support, we are delighted to offer the following benefits for the first time:
- An invitation to a “Special Spring Celebration”
- A private “Monthly Giver Pick-Your-Own Day” at our apple orchard in 2018
- Two complimentary tickets to our Harvest Home Festival
- Recognition in newsletter, social media and Annual Report
- Hassle-free donations and convenient year-end tax receipt
- Above all, your donations are helping us bring in a great harvest to feed our neighbors and communities (185,000 pounds to date!)
It only takes a small commitment from each of us to make a big difference on our farms for the year.
Become a Monthly Giver today. It’s simple, just go online to www.bit.ly/CHPMonthlyGiver.
Thank you for your generosity!