The Farm Assistant is responsible for assisting the Farm Manager and Farm Coordinator in executing all agriculture operations at the Community Harvest Project Grafton farm sites. This position assists in creating a positive volunteer experience for all visitors. Primary job location is North Grafton, with occasional visits to our orchard in Harvard, MA.
- Assist in all farming operations:
- Executing daily agricultural duties
- Executing daily produce distributions
- Monitoring of equipment and recommending related repairs/replacements
- Monitoring of safety plan and ensuring its execution
- Execution of skilled/restricted farm activities
- Assisting in basic property maintenance (mowing, limbs, etc)
- Assist in all volunteer operations:
- Overseeing volunteer groups and overseeing their proper completion of tasks
- Working with volunteers throughout their assigned sessions
- Ensuring a positive volunteer experience through all of the above
- Assist the Orchard Manager in on special projects, as assigned by the Farm Manager or Executive Director
This is an hourly, part-time seasonal position.
Requirements, qualified applicants will:
- Have interest and/or some experience in farming or gardening
- Be an excellent communicator and be able to demonstrate previous leadership responsibility
- Be able to lift farm equipment and/or produce weighing up to 50 pounds
- Be prepared for work in outdoor weather conditions, we operate rain or shine
- Work within a team or independently, be self-motivated, with great attention to detail
- Have reliable transportation
Community Harvest Project (CHP), a 501(c)3 organization, is dedicated to improving access to healthy foods through community engagement. Through their volunteer farming, education, and volunteer programs and partnerships, they bring thousands of community members together each year to build an engaged and healthier Worcester County. In 2016 working together with over 9,800 volunteers they produced significant fresh produce resources for individuals and families in need throughout our community who otherwise may not have had access. The produce is donated through numerous partner organizations such as The Worcester County Food Bank, Community Servings Jeremiah’s Inn and The Hector Reyes House. CHP operates at Brigham Hill Community Farm and White’s Farm in North Grafton, MA and at Prospect Hill Farm in Harvard, MA.
For more information about their programs and impact, please visit www.community-harvest.org.
To apply send letter of interest and resume to Bill Harris, Farm Manager, at email@example.com